Monday, March 21, 2005

06-21-93 "Enjoy!"

Recently, I was reading through my personal journal (which I update it intermittently at best). I read this entry (below) which I had made. I don’t remember exactly the circumstance but I do recall that it had not been an easy time (I was a physics/mathematics undergraduate student and 23) . This entry came after a spiritual assurance that things were going to be OK. Now, nearly twelve years removed, I can say that things have been more than OK, they have been wonderful; not that the time has been without struggle or hardship but I know that the Lord has been merciful to me even in the midst of my greatest weakness, times of trial and despair.

Monday 6-17-93, page 167

For a moment.
I had to but ask.
It was there. The faith was there.
Then I remembered my flesh and
all was as it was,
but hopefully more.
What will I do different?
How will this affect me?
I am already lifted up.

Visions of childhood passing through my mind.
The Sacrament at a particular Sunday School.
Getting up on the ‘big’ chairs.
Walking under the table.
Running around the house.

Someday to be at that level again.
To combine the two.
To overcome.
To desire and dream.
But what do I do now?
I work, prepare.
Yet must live in this world.
Physics, Chinese, mind power.
Use it.
Help others.
Challenge myself.
ENJOY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home